Inspiration bubbles

 Inspiration always flattens when pressure places its firm hand upon your special place.

So many networks and once again, I am remote. ‘The cool group’, ‘the ones in the know’. I would have had, at some point, to be on location, to get known and befriended and make real-time connections but as always, I’m on the outskirts of every single one of them.

So here I sit wondering: how I can make my next piece so punchy I get heard, invited, asked back. The truth is, is that it takes an enormous amount of energy and writing and faith from other people and yourself in you, to make it on the circuit, and then once you’re on, it is so short lived, even if your work is powerful.

Artists I admire most are actually those who allow hibernation to take place, who are comfortable enough to settle into that space between.. the quiet of the mind where no-one sees. Where the wistful open thought dives deep and waits, bubbles blopping up to the surface at a gentle rate, heart slowing down and thoughts buoy, undisturbed, forming the membrane of idea and opinion, of sense and emotion of words and of healing.. and after that moment, write.

Collaboration, is another matter altogether… for that takes consciousness.